Beautiful openwork earthenware Chevet plate entirely handcrafted and cut by hand by our master craftsmen. This openwork style forged Bourg-Joly Malicorne’s reputation and we are proud to continue producing our plates using the same traditional 18th century techniques.
The decorator paints freehand on the raw enamel, applying oxide-based colours with a brush, a technique dating back to the 18th century, which allows for the complete fusion of the decoration and the enamel. This traditional manufacturing method leads to slight variations in terms of colour and decoration. The entirely handmade nature of the work guarantees that each piece of earthenware is unique.
- Handmade in Malicorne sur Sarthe, France
- Uniquely handcrafted and hand painted by skilled craftsmen using Bourg-Joly’s centuries-old technique of ajourage or openwork.
- Quality product. The handmade nature means that each one of our plates is unique.
- Dimensions: 1370 : 19.5cm Dessert / 1371: 24.5cm Plate / 1372: 29.5cm Dinner Plate
- Material: Earthenware Clay and food safe white or coloured glaze
- Dishwasher: Yes, with care (see below)
- Microwave: No
- Delivery: France and International shipping
- Packaged in a beautiful velvet drawstring bag
Earthenware plates, dishes & bowls: Clean by hand and gently wipe with a cloth. In the dishwasher, avoid hot programs and ensure that the plates do not touch each other.
For earthenware baskets: wash by hand and gently wipe with a cloth.
For earthenware vases, planters, fruit, animals, crosses, statues: wash by hand and gently wipe with a cloth.
All our pieces are entirely handmade and therefore the dimensions shown can vary very slightly.
Hand painted personalisation option
A hand painted message of up to 5 words (thank you, important date, name of a person, etc.) in black can be added to most pieces. Please contact us for more details.